Mount St. Mary Academy has been a dominant force in the Monsignor Martin League with over 20 Varsity and Junior Varsity competitive teams. The MSM Thunder has regularly played in MML and All-Catholic Championships and brought home individual medals from events such as the Empire State Games and Junior Olympics.
Mount St. Mary's Thunder athletic teams include:
- Varsity and Junior Varsity Badminton;
- Varsity, Junior Varsity and Freshmen Basketball;
- Varsity and Junior Varsity Bowling;
- Varsity Cheerleading;
- Varsity Cross-Country;
- Varsity Golf;
- Varsity Indoor Track;
- Varsity and Junior Varsity Lacrosse;
- Varsity and Junior Varsity Soccer;
- Varsity and Junior Varsity Softball;
- Varsity Swimming;
- Varsity Track and Field;
- Varsity and Junior Varsity Volleyball. For scheduling information, please see our official athletic website.
Mount St. Mary Academy's students additionally participate in the Monsignor Martin combined girls' varsity team. For more information, please see our Hockey page.If you are a coach and would like to submit a fundraising request, please download and complete this form.
To promote the enjoyment of physical activity, Mount St. Mary Academy offers students a choice of traditional Physical Education, Dance Movement and Fitness, Nutrition and Weight Training classes to satisfy curriculum requirements. Advanced courses are available for upperclasswomen.
Our students enjoy a full-size gymnasium, dance studio and new Wellness Center. Additionally, Mount St. Mary's makes usage of off-site venues for practices and competitions, including Philip Sheridan Field and Tonawanda Aquatic Center. Please see the team's individual page for information on home fields.